Friday, July 29, 2011

Sanguosha: A Phenomenon in China

Well, I recently got back from China, I discovered that Chinese kids are all obsessed with a card game called Sanguosha (三国杀or三國殺or Killers of the Three Kingdoms). I tried this game out, and it was actually fun. Then I found out that it basically copied the idea for Bang!. China (now) never really "invents" games anymore, they just take an idea and tell everybody it's an original game! Well, original or not, it is clear that people at YOKA Studios (the company) sure put a lot of work into it. Even though they copied another idea, they worked hard to make the design stand out. I would say the creativity was 2, while design would be 10. Below are some cards.

A LuMeng Warrior Card
Shiny GuanYu Warrior Card
LuMeng Card (Abilities)
HuangJinZhiLuan Expansion
Playing Cards
Jun Zheng Pian Expansion Pack
So, as you can see, these are what have been bought all over China, and enjoyed all over China.
(I even got my mom to get me a set)

No comments:

Post a Comment